- Chris Labonte
For writers who resist writing,
writing has now become irresistible.
- Write your first drafts better – the first time.
- Learn how to work with your own resistance, no matter how stubborn it is.
- Learn how to make something out of nothing.
- Write characters who live and breathe.
- Learn the fail-proof ways to make your dialogue vibrate off the page and create subtext immediately.
- Write drama that makes you tingle.
- Steer your story with control.
- Feel the world the way your character would feel it.
- Find out how reading helps you find your true voice, and use influence to your advantage.
- Write without boundaries.
- Learn how to make a story feel like it existed even before you wrote it.
- audio lessons – I will guide you through every step
- practice and assignments I have tested for over 10 years: the most successful writing exercises I know
- video tutorials that make you feel clear, strong and inspired
- challenging assignments that will push your limits
- uncommon stories by authors who have accomplished the impossible
- personalized voice and style assessment that will guide you to your next level
Story Is a State of Mind is:
…your month-long solo writing retreat
…your seven day writing intensive
…your weekly writing workshop
You decide how deep you dive.
Learn how to work with your creative mind, not against it.
Write fiction that is so honest, it becomes real.
Rethink your relationship to writing.
Discover what makes your story brilliant.
Not quite sure yet? Click here to Learn More.
I’m the author of the bestselling collection This Cake Is for the Party. The Giller Prize jury said that my stories “elevate economy of expression itself to an art,” and this is exactly what I have been teaching other writers to do for more than a decade. I’m known for my living room writing classes in Victoria, BC and Toronto, Ontario, where I developed my unique hybrid workshops.
I believe in mindfulness, honesty, and piercing analysis, both in writing and life. My motto: your writing needs your whole heart if you want it to feel real, but damn, it also needs technique. I created Story Is a State of Mind to sharpen and support your whole brilliant writing self: your heart, mind, and skill.