New: Writing Practice Live Sessions
March 7, 14, 21, and 28, 2017
When I’m writing, I feel like I’m tuning into a signal, like a radio station. That signal can feel faint and staticky when I write alone. It takes a lot of effort to tune in and stay connected.
But something happens to creative energy when people do it together. The signal gets stronger. The energy expands! This is why I love writing in artist colonies and retreats: there’s more possibility. More fuel. More flow.
When we write together, we can tune in at the same time, and amplify the signal.
If you can’t be in an artist colony this spring, come to Writing Practice with me, instead.
This March, I will be hosting a live writing practice call every Tuesday at 12:00pm ET.
I’m going to lead you in a series of writing prompts and exercises, together with other writers. Once a week for four weeks, over the course of ninety minutes.
The exercises are simple, beautiful, ordinary: all writers are welcome, regardless of genre or experience.
I want you to feel open and unstuck, and remember how much you love writing. I want you to feel tuned in.
These sessions are powerful. Even though we’re all writing remotely, the connection you will feel with the other writers is real and valuable.
Let’s do this, together.
How it works:
– Every Tuesday at 12:00pm ET, you dial in to our conference line. I’ll meet you there, and Trish will moderate the call for all of us.
– All you need is your notebook or paper, a few fast-writing pens, and a comfortable and quiet place to sit.
– Your phone line will be muted while we write. I’ll lead all of the guided prompts and exercises for you, and keep time: each session will be an hour and a half.
– When it’s time to share, you’ll press a button on your phone to signify that your hand is raised, and Trish will unmute your line so we can hear you. Sharing is always brief, completely optional, and encouraged.
The cost for all four sessions is $100 USD.
The sessions will take place on:
- Tuesday, March 7 @ 12:00pm to 1:30pm ET
Tuesday, March 14 @ 12:00pm to 1:30pm ET
Tuesday, March 21 @ 12:00pm to 1:30pm ET
Tuesday, March 28 @ 12:00pm to 1:30pm ET
If you’d like to join us, please sign up now: